As an artist, I consider myself somewhat of a creative wanderer. I love to explore mediums and techniques in unconventional ways. I love to push up against my own creative boundaries and think out of the box. My process is all about breaking the rules in order to make connections and revolutionize the way that I create.
- fluid art making with inks, watercolors and fluid acrylics
- palette knife painting with oil paints
- messy mark making with pens, charcoal and oil pastels
- how to layer fluid acrylics with oil paints and other mediums
- abstract art making
- some of the basics of oil painting
- how to paint a still life painting with oil paints
- building texture in a piece with oils
- letting go and embracing the process of creating art
- how to stretch beyond your own creative boundaries
- insight into my creative process
- so much more!!!
I hope that you will join me in my creative wanderings as I explore painting with oils and fluid art.
- yupo paper
- artist boards
- stretched canvas
- high flow acrylics
- acrylic inks
- india ink
- alcohol ink
- spray bottle
- high flow medium *optional
- watercolor paintbrushes
- oil paints
- artist pens
- artist markers
- palette knife
- oil paint palette or palette paper
- baby wipes for easy clean up
- oil pastels
- oil paintbrushes
My name is Wendy Brightbill and I am somewhat of a creative wanderer, an artist who enjoys exploring a multitude of mediums and styles. I love messy child-like play especially when it involves paint. I picked up a paintbrush after a car accident rearranged my brain from a closed head injury. I believe that there is healing to be found in art making and getting lost in the process. I try not to treat my art as being too precious, and yet, I am deeply committed to my daily creative practice. Art making is a little like breathing air for me. I can’t live without it. I am also a mother to three beautiful girls and a wife of 17 years to my biggest cheerleader. I have lived in Colorado for all of my life. All I ever needed to know, I learned from being a kindergarten teacher for four years. I just turned forty and I am finding this new found super power of saying no to the things that don’t bring me joy or peace.
Frequently Asked Questions
Come paint with me!!!