Materials and Supplies
Hello and Welcome! Below are some of the supplies that I will be using in this course. Feel free to watch the supply videos as I walk you through some of the materials and supplies for the course. Every once in a while, I might add in a material or supply not on the original list of supplies. In this course, if you want to make your own stencils feel free to grab some Dura-lar and an exacto knife.
Materials and Supplies:
- Black Mixed media paper (Strathmore)
- Gel pens in a variety of colors especially white (Sakura Gelly Roll)
- 1-2 Stretched canvases or cradled art board
- Chalk pastels
- Favorite mark making materials (Neo-color II's, charcoal, Inktense pencils)
- Acrylics (heavy body)
- Collage elements
- Matte gel medium
- Spray Workable Fixative *optional (This is good to have in order to seal your gel pens, and pastels)
- Build Your Own Bouquet Stencils (optional)
- Acryla Gouache *optional (My favorite brand of gouache paint is Holbein)
NOTE: I try to keep my supply lists fairly loose. I honestly believe in using what you have around you. Example: If you don't have black mixed media paper, paint a black background onto whatever paper you want to use. I also love using any of Strathmore's toned mixed media paper for these pieces as well! My favorite brand of paint is Charvin acrylics, but again, use what you have on hand.